View Single Post

Old 10-26-2016, 04:51 PM
Guloluseus Guloluseus is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Competent Performer

Guloluseus is on a distinguished road

Glad I could help

For your last post, there are several ways, depending on exactly how you want to show it.
The simplest way (possibly the easiest) is to re-link the scaffold start dates. If we take 5 houses, (1,2,3,4,5) and 3 has to be put back, link 4 from 2 so you have continuity of work, then link 3 to a suitable date- if it was going to be after 5, then link it from 5. If you have limited resources so that houses cannot start at the same time, you would need to check that it didnt clash with another, and if so, re-link. Going back to the example, if 3 would start just after 4 then it would clash with 5, in which case you could either link it from 5 (putting it back further) or relink 5 after 3.
Alternatively, if you are using resources, you could resource level, but personally I find that tends to be a worse option.

You could alternatively (using the same example) link 2 to 4, and use a "must not start before" constraint on 3 so it could not start until you wanted ot to. In this case, a constraint is considered good, as if another house moved, it could drop back again to a date before it could be started. Again it would need a quick check to make sure resources were ok, but it would be a simple solution.

If these dont work for you, let me know why (makes it much easier to find a better solution) and I will get back again