View Single Post

Old 10-21-2016, 02:09 AM
mrrodge mrrodge is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

mrrodge is on a distinguished road
Default New to Project, Need Help

Hi all,

First post; here goes.

I've got a construction project I'm trying to plan and can't seem to get my head around repeated tasks.

It's a refurbishment of 75 houses and I've managed to do a programme for a single house fine, but I can't seem to get it to replicate in the way I need.

Basically I need to be able to replicate the schedule for each house and set the scaffold erect date manually (some houses will be done on the same day as others due to geography etc, but others won't), but it won't work as I need it to. Can you help?

I've attached the programme so far. The scaffold erect date was scheduled for 12/10/16, which automatically calculates the rest of the tasks for that property, which is fine.

I now need to add a second property, which adjoins the first on site. This is also fine, I can copy and paste the first property and all the dates remain the same (when it's an adjoined pair, scaffold will go up on both properties at the same time).

The problem comes when I paste a third property. If I copy and paste a third property and try to set the scaffold erect date for the day after (13/10), all hell breaks loose as Project then goes back and changes the scaffold erect dates on the other two properties to match.

Any ideas? It's been bugging me for ages and I can't seem to get it right.

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: mpp Sequence.mpp (452.5 KB, 8 views)