View Single Post

Old 10-12-2016, 11:32 AM
JulieS JulieS is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2013
Expert

JulieS will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleysamuel View Post
I am trying to generate a report on overdue tasks.

(a) The project plan has been rebaselined 3 times. If I run the late tasks report from MSP, will it use the last rebaselined plan as reference or something else to run the late report?
The late Tasks Report uses the status date, not the baseline dates. It is built off the Status field. The status field will show complete, On Schedule, Late, or future task. A task is late if "the timephased cumulative percent complete does nto reach midnight on the day before the status date." If you want to know how you are performing against a baseline - look at the Variance table - it will show Start and Finish Variance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleysamuel View Post
(b) The project status date. I understand I can use the current date to generate a late tasks report. However, is it more meaningful to generate tasks with the current rebaselined plan's Go Live date as the project status date? What I am trying to get is that we need to know all the tasks that are delayed in the project, due to the current delays. How do I get that?
Again - look at variance information. You can build your own report to shows Start and Finish Variance as well as duration and work variance to paint a more complete picture.