View Single Post

Old 09-26-2016, 11:50 PM
melissa.dor melissa.dor is offline Windows 10 Office 2013
Novice

melissa.dor is on a distinguished road
Arrow Highlighting contents controls on-screen but not in printing

Hello,

I need to find a way to highlight all contents control boxes on-screen, but prevent the highlights from appearing in printing. The document also needs to be restricted so that users can only edit within the content control boxes. I want users to easily identify where they need to fill in information.

I was using a method where I set the editing restrictions to "No Changes (Read Only)" and then I set exceptions for each content control. Exceptions are highlighted in grey and have dark grey square brackets around them on-screen. But the problem with this is there's a glitch that happens when printing the document, it causes very faint lines to appear where the brackets are.

If you can offer a redemy for this glitch that would be the best solution.
Or Alternatively:

To prevent those lines from appearing on the printing, I changed the editing restrictions to "Filling in Forms", but this takes able the ability to highlight the contents control boxes.

If I use the normal highlighter, it will appear on the printing which I don't want. I know users could hide the highlights before printing, but unfortunately my users won't be able to handle that (it'll confuse them).

Suggestions would be very much appreicated

Thank you and kind regards,

Melissa

Last edited by Charles Kenyon; 09-27-2016 at 05:08 AM.