View Single Post

Old 09-16-2016, 12:21 AM
vitesse vitesse is offline Windows 10 Office 2013
Novice

vitesse is on a distinguished road

Thank you both for your prompt answers.

A really dumb way to do what I need would be to save as .doc and save as .docx again and hope everything that gets messed up in .doc is fixed when saved as .docx, but I'm glad there are better options.

Charles, while searching for a solution, I stumbled upon that yesterday. At first glance it seems a bit daunting in its complexity, but I'm sure that after spending a little time tinkering with it I'll figure out how to use it. I'll keep it in mind moving forward.

At the moment though, what I hoped for was a simple solution, which VBA sort of is in this instance. Having worked with VBA in Excel, I can manage with this.

I'll work on integrating this into my workflow and go from there.

Thanks again.

P.S. I really hope the range of IPs that are being used by my ISP get unbanned and I don't have to go through a VPN every time I want to use this forum. I was surprised to see that when I first tried making an account it told me my IP was banned. Trying again with a different IP (dynamic IP) got the same answer. I get why it happened - people who had these IPs did something, I still wish it didn't complicate things for me. Anyway, have a nice day.