View Single Post

Old 09-07-2016, 09:32 AM
ChrisOK ChrisOK is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2016
Advanced Beginner

ChrisOK is on a distinguished road
Question Find Word then Highlight Whole Sentence and Paragraph Around it

The code needs to locate a word/term, then highlight (yellow) the whole sentence containing that word or if it is easier to accomplish,:highlighting the whole paragraph where that word exists would also be awesome!

Not sure if that needs to be 2 separate chunks of code or just a matter of changing a couple of things to make it go from only doing a SENTENCE vs. doing a PARAGRAPH.

Found refs of maybe using a "paragraph.range.select" and also found a note that advised these "start" and "end" terms to select a paragraph.. but not sure how to achieve this?
Selection.StartOf Unit:=wdParagraphm
Selection.MoveEnd Unit:=wdParagraph

Here's the code I'm using now to FIND a word/term and do some highlighting but it is not highlighting the whole sentence (nor) whole paragraph.. perhaps it can be improved upon to work as desired or if not - I'm happy to trash it and start with something better!

Code:

Sub Highlight_WordN()
'THIS FINDS A SPECIFIED TERM AS NOTED IN QUOTES BELOW AND HIGHLIGHTS IT IN YELLOW
'IT HIGHLIGHTS SEVERAL OF THE WORDS AROUND IT BUT DOES NOT QUITE PICK UP THE FULL PARAGRAPH I'M LOOKING TO HIGHLIGHT
'NEED TO EDIT IT A BIT TO BE MORE INCLUSIVE

Dim sFindText As String
'Start from the top of the document
 Selection.HomeKey wdStory

sFindText = "Contractor Shall"
Selection.Find.Execute sFindText
Do Until Selection.Find.Found = False
Selection.EndKey Unit:=wdLine, Extend:=wdExtend
        Selection.range.HighlightColorIndex = wdYellow
        Selection.MoveRight
        Selection.Find.Execute
Loop
End Sub
Attached Files
File Type: docm CONTRACTOR SHALL are the key words.docm (18.5 KB, 8 views)