View Single Post

Old 09-03-2016, 06:27 AM
robru robru is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

robru is on a distinguished road
Default Solution: MS-OFFICE OfficeFileCache large size problem

After some search I resolved the issue above with an easily-implemented solution presented in the last entry of the Microsoft forum at the URL below. This solution freed up over 60GB on my SSD system drive. Kudos to NigelPatterson4291 !

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/m...0-9a949c3bd0f9

Solution as copied from URL above:

"Problem has now been resolved.
The only solution in the end was to use a Symbolic link for the OfficeFileCache folder.
Works for all Office 2013 onward versions of Onedrive for Business.
Steps:
1. Right Click OneDrive for Business App in system tray and stop syncing all.
2, Open Task Manager and in my case stop Groove.exe and MSOSYNC.exe. Yours might be others such as Onedrive.exe, MSOUC.exe depending on how you got the client as it comes with Office 365, Windows 10 and can also be downloaded so there are different versions that have different .exe files just to make life interesting.
3. Delete the OfficeFileCahe folder\s in C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0 . If you cannot delete then a service or task is still running.
3. Open a CMD prompt as Administrator
4. run command mklink /d "path of new OfficeFileCache folder" "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\OfficeFileCac he"
Obviously replace USER in the command above with the name of the users folder.
Restart computer, Fire up Onedrive for Business, re-sync and you should be good to go with your expensive SSD free of the OneDrive for Business cahe data.
As for you Microsoft, this has been a problem for over 2 years now for everyone with OneDrive for Business and SSD hard drive, and as per usual you have done nothing..you obviously don't want people with your surface product to use or enjoy OneDrive for Business!!"