View Single Post

Old 08-28-2016, 10:17 AM
palmiema palmiema is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Novice

palmiema is on a distinguished road

Thank you, macropod, for your help. I have attached an example document, which contains a sample document with a 4-level table of contents and editing restrictions. The table for which I am trying to color individual cells using a drop-down list is in section 1.7 on page 2. Ultimately, I want the cells completely filled with a solid color: red, yellow, or green, depending on the ranking of high, medium, or low, respectively. The words "high", "medium" or "low" do not need to appear in the cell, but if they do, I need to hide the letters by making them the same color as the rest of the cell. The password to modify the document is "ABC" and the password to remove the editing restrictions is "abc". These don't have to be different passwords, they can both be "ABC" or "abc" if that helps to solve the problem. Thanks again for your help, any thoughts you can provide are most appreciated. Please note, too, that the document is usually a .docx, but I saved the macro into the attached document as a .docm file. If there is any additional information I can provide to be helpful please let me know.

Update: It seems that the macro will work on my home laptop, but not on my work computer. Can the difference be that I have administrator status on my laptop but not on my work computer?
Attached Files
File Type: docm Example.docm (128.0 KB, 37 views)