View Single Post

Old 09-28-2010, 12:18 PM
BjornS BjornS is offline Windows Vista Office 2003
Competent Performer

BjornS is on a distinguished road
Default Another solution

Hi,
I saw your problem with weather data. It is really a nice macro you have got from another user. However, sometimes it could be really helpful also to know how to solve these issues the formula way

I have attached an example with formulas. The formula I have used is extremely useful (I use it every week), so I really recommend you to learn it, since in other situations you might fall into, this might just be the solution for you.

In the attached example you get an error message for lines that should be empty. You can delete all these error messages by selecting menu "Edit / Goto". the select "Special". After this click "Formulas" (and only mark "errors"). Klick OK. Now all cells with an error are marked. Press delete to make ALL these cells empty!

I don't attach to many explanations to the formulas. Look and learn! Come back with questions if you like Before applying the formulas, I marked the columns B to G (in sheet "Before"), and named this area "data".

After you have finished, you might like to convert the result of the formulas to values (copy... paste special..as values).

Kind regards
Bjorn
Attached Files
File Type: xls Example_Before_After.xls (40.5 KB, 26 views)