View Single Post

Old 08-20-2016, 06:27 PM
innkeeper9 innkeeper9 is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2007
Novice

innkeeper9 is on a distinguished road

It works perfectly. Thank you so much. I did 3 sheets and even found out how to get the ending balance of one to show up at the beginning balance of the next. However --- it worked so perfectly it made me realize that I made a mistake in my layout

I'm not very good at explaining, I get too long trying to make sure I cover everything, it's why I use images, but I will try. Row 22, Owner, can't be in that area, it is a debit but not an expense and when I got things working with your formulas I realized that. That row 22 needs to be between Row 33 Total Expenses and Row 34 Ending Balance. So, I cut row 22 which made Total expense row 32 and then I inserted the cut cells after it so that Owner became 33 and Ending Balance 34. The total expenses are correct now, but of course the ending balance is not. And, though I can get an idea of what the first two formulas you gave me are doing, I can't figure out anything on the last one. Can it be modified to subtract that Owner distribution before putting in the ending balance? Or is there a different function that would have to be used?

Thank you so very much for your help!

Ruth