Thread: [Solved] Calculated dates.
View Single Post

Old 09-27-2010, 05:40 PM
Ziggy-R Ziggy-R is offline Windows XP Office 2003
Novice

Ziggy-R is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly View Post
So it's going to keep inserting dates... if the file has been opened 22 times, there will be 22 dates inserted? .

"promts me to enter how many days from today I wish to show"... Prompts you? How many days to show? In your original post, you wanted to calculate and insert a date 7 days in the future. Now it seems you want to be prompted for the number of days and use that date to control the display of something.

What exactly are you trying to do?

The idea is to not save the file once you're finished using it, keeping it as a template. This means there would only be two dates in the document; todays date, and the future date. The content is all inserted through a mail merge, and the dates are autoupdating. I have a macro in place that prompts me when I open the file, asking me how many days from today I wish to insert. I enter 7, and it automatically inserts the date 7 days from today, but at the start of the document. I want to enter it at a certain point about halfway through the document, but I don't know how to set the macro to enter it here. That's what I'm trying to do.