View Single Post

Old 08-15-2016, 10:07 AM
BartS BartS is offline Windows 8 Office 2007
Novice

BartS is on a distinguished road
Angry Table style - first, last and odd column formatting issue

Hi,
I'm having an issue with table style. I want to apply different font size, style and color to first, last and odd columns.
While editing column style, preview window is showing exactly what I've formatted, but style is not applied correctly in document.
Table (3 col x 40 rows) is a list of words. I want [word], [phonetics] and [meaning] columns to be formatted differently.

Since I'm writing a file from python docx module, I can apply different paragraph style for each paragraph in each cell - no problem here.
For performance sake I though that I could format table columns and skip formatting paragraphs. For small file (up to 30 pages) i got 40% processing time reduction and for large files (roughly 150 pages+) I got 10% reduction. Absolute difference is small (max 20 sec) but I got mightily annoyed by the fact that Word doesn't cooperate.

Reformatting paragraph in a cell to normal seems to help for first column but not for other. And manual work is not an option as there will be more than 1500 tables in a document.

Can you suggest why would Word not cooperate and how to fix it. I'm using ms word 2007 on win 8.

Best regards
Bart
Attached Files
File Type: docx test failed table style last column.docx (11.1 KB, 12 views)