View Single Post

Old 07-28-2016, 05:07 PM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MailMergeConfused View Post
when connecting to a previously used file, if the contents of that file has changed, it doesn't seem to read all the rows, only the number of rows upto the maximum of the previous merge, i.e if the last merge had 5 lines, it will only read the first 5 lines even though the excel data source now contains 10 lines.

My users can work around this by saving to a new filename and choosing that as a new data source, but I don't understand why this behaviour is happening.
If the changed file was not saved before the mailmerge main document was opened, it won't see the new records.