View Single Post

Old 06-22-2016, 08:39 AM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline Windows 8 Office 2013

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by atelem View Post
First, I don't agree with you that it is useless to format Cross-Reference on a printed document. Web hyperlink stand-out on a printed document even without any formatting.
Also, Cross-Reference formatting can be ignored during printing.

Regarding the "Replace", I tried several options in the "Find What" box but nothing was found, so of course no formatting was done.

I'm on Office 2013.

Regards.
You need to have field codes displayed in the document for Find to find a field. When you have field results displayed, you will get nothing found. That is, you need to be able to see the braces {} that are field delimiters. It is this first brace that Word's find is looking for.

Ignoring this formatting during printing will involve changing it. There is nothing you can click on to not print the underscore.

Rather than using direct formatting, you could create a character style with the characteristics you want. That way, to prepare it to print witohut those characteristics, you would only need to modify the style.

Last edited by Charles Kenyon; 06-22-2016 at 06:49 PM.