View Single Post

Old 06-22-2016, 07:12 AM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline Windows 8 Office 2013

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by atelem View Post

This link http://wordfaqs.mvps.org/formatcross....htm#FormatAll have useful info, but for some reason the "Replace" doesn't work for me (it finds nothing).

Enjoy.
Remember, Word was created to put words on paper. While there may be good reasons for underlining web urls on paper, there is virtually no reason to do so with a hyperlink to a bookmark. That is what a cross-reference to a heading is. That a particular word or phrase acts as a hyperlink in the electronic form of the document is not particularly useful information in the printed form of the document. You may still want to underline it to draw attention to it, I suppose.

I can certainly understand wanting special formatting, though, if you are using the document as a pdf or in Word form and not on paper.

To find a field, you have to have field codes displayed. Alt+F9

When I tried this in Word 2010, I could not get a single underline to work, but a double-underline did. Replacing with the hyperlink style did not add any underlining.

-
Attached Images
File Type: png 00 deleteme 2.png (22.4 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by Charles Kenyon; 06-22-2016 at 06:47 PM.