View Single Post

Old 09-15-2010, 12:20 PM
Evan78 Evan78 is offline Windows 7 Office 2007
Novice

Evan78 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggles View Post
Hi,

I've had this same problem, but I've just removed the 'automatically perform basic compression on save' option and it seems to have stopped the black lines appearing after saving and re-opening the files. (I've only tried it twice so I'm not 100% on if it works in all situations!)

To do this, click on any picture in the document, go to the 'Format' tab click on the 'Compress Pictures' button, then click on 'Options' and deselect the 'automatically perform basic compression on save' option, then click 'OK' and then 'Cancel'... You can now try saving and re-opening the files and see if it has worked or not!

You have to do this for each document you have the problem with though!

Good Luck!
Awesome, finally a real solution.

To make it permanent, you have to edit the registry. Here's the instructions I found:

http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00862.htm
Quote:
  1. Open registry editor (Start /Run and type Regedit)
  2. Go to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\P owerPoint\Options]
  3. Create a new Dword value named AutomaticPictureCompressionDefault
  4. Make sure that the value of the new Dword is 0
That page is for PowerPoint, but the same solution works for Word and Excel by following the same instructions and substituting Word and Excel when PowerPoint is referenced.

It worked without rebooting for me. I'm running Win 7 Pro 64bit. I created 32bit Dword values.