View Single Post

Old 06-08-2016, 12:28 PM
fredmbarros fredmbarros is offline Mac OS X Office 2016
Novice

fredmbarros is on a distinguished road
Default Managing online and offline notebooks

Hi

(TL;DR below)

I'm new to the forums and am in need of some help for moving from Evernote to OneNote. I've been thinking more and more about it especially because of the formatting possibilities on mobile, but I'm having trouble figuring out how syncing and note storing works in OneNote so that I can decide if it will fit my needs.

What I'd like to be able to have is notebooks which are always accessible from the mobile app (I'm on iOS), but some are locally stored (offline) and others are only remotely stored - but can be still accessible provided that I have internet connection.
So far it seems to me that if I open a notebook, that is, if I tap on the "Open more" below the other notebooks I've already opened, OneNote will download the entire notebook and then it will be available offline. It is a problem because some of my notebooks have huge files stored in them and I don't need nor want them all taking up space in my mobile devices. But on the other hand I'd like them to show up when I do a search.

TL;DR:
It's kind of hard to explain, but here's the way my reasoning goes: all my notebooks and notes should be stored in the cloud and be visible/searcheable, but some of these notebooks could be mirrored/stored locally so that I would be able to access them even without internet connection. Is it possible? If so, how can I achieve that?

Thanks a lot!