View Single Post

Old 06-01-2016, 01:21 AM
northstarchris northstarchris is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

northstarchris is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mross127 View Post
I am having trouble with the copy/paste function between Excel and Word. I am trying to paste a spreadsheet from Excel into a Word document, but it needs to fit on ONE page. I have looked on other forums at tons of other people's threads and tried everything. I can get it to fit to one page by copying as a picture or paste special but, as far as I can tell, there is no way to size it so that the quality is intact. I'm doing this for my boss, and every time we size it to fit, it ends up looking like (in her words exactly) "a cake that has fallen in on itself...short and fat" (stretching of the words and figures, even when using the corner instead of the sides). Please help me! I've tried regular copy/paste, but when I try and make it fit on one page, I only have so much room to adjust the size.

I have MS on my computer, so when I try these things out, they work. I don't have the information she wants done, so I improvise with my own to test it out, and it always seems to work, but when I go into her office with her Mac and the information to be used, it NEVER WORKS!!!!!

I am very frustrated and after two days of this, I'm ready to pull out my hair.

Thanks in advance for your gracious advice!!

I've found a solution to this:
1. in Excel select the area you want to paste to word
2. Staying in Excel select the print option and adjust the area to fit to one page, how you do this will vary depending upon which version of office you have but in print preview just make sure that all of the selected area fits to one page. At this stage, exit the print option
3. Select 'Copy' for the selected are then 'paste as picture' in word.
This works for me so I hope it works for you