View Single Post

Old 05-23-2016, 05:28 AM
JennEx JennEx is offline Windows XP Office 2013
Competent Performer

JennEx is on a distinguished road

Hi Paul, I hope all is well with you these days.
I know you have a lot of dedication to this forum, so rather than start a new post, I figured I'd stay with this one as it's all the same project.

I am happy to report that with all of your help things are fundamentally working very well! Definitely have you to thank in most part!

Two little annoyances perhaps youcan assist me in overcoming.

1) Since having worked through this problem in my original post, all my created reports are opened in Word and are available to view, edit and print etc. Oddly though, to print, I have to first click on an open Excel window, and return to the Word document before I can access any print commands. Weird or what? Perhaps my fix wasn't the solution.

2) Not certain if you can help me with this one based on limited information provided. My reports are "quasi directory" style ... providing the same format as a directory style merge (more than one record per page), but since we were unable to use the directory style, we had to use the letters style and tweak the code to recognize records by sections. (I think)

In most part, the multiple tables (used to display each record), fit nicely on each page. I have concluded that my DR reports can only fit 2 tables (records) per page. However, on occassion, the merge will try to sneak a third one on. The entire table does not fit on the page, just the first couple rows. So, the record (table) get broken between two pages. 3 or 4 carriage returns is usually all that is needed to push the partial record to the next page.

Is there a way I can ensure only two records are displayed per page? I had tried by placing carriage returns in the merge document after and or before the table, but it left an unsightly gap between tables in the final document. If possible, I'd like to keep the bulk of empty space after the last record displayed on the page.

The idea is to minimize the amount of user interaction to reach the preferred final product. Eventually, I am hoping to send these reports directly to the printer (minus the viewing option used now only to make this edit), but not until I can be certain that they reports will print as hoped.