View Single Post

Old 05-19-2016, 02:43 PM
derajlance derajlance is offline Windows 10 Office 2013
Novice

derajlance is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessed View Post
Is there a good reason why you are not using a valid filepath to the ico file as per the posts where it appears you sourced your code?
see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...-while-loading

When I tested that code, it changed the icon in the app header and the icon associated with the app when Alt-tabbing through the available apps but didn't appear to change the icon in the already loaded taskbar. Perhaps that code needs to be run as the application is booting.
The post that I sourced my code from actually uses a .exe file to pull an icon. Specifically, it uses notepad.exe.
I was attempting to get an image that is not associated with a different application. Trying to piece together information from various sources, it was recommended that I include the .ico image I want to use on the userform and use it in the code, which is what I attempted to do in my code above.

I do realize that I was doing that wrong as well and have attempted to correct it by using:
Code:
Const NewIcon$ = Me.Image1.Picture.Handle
and get the same result. Which is the same as what you described. It doesn't seem to matter much where I put the code, so I am not really sure it can be done.