Lenovo Service Bridge : Error Message
PC / Windows 7:
1. Wondered why automatic "download update" or whatever they are messages seemed to be appearing rather frequently;
2. Asked on a couple of on-line forums; was told that ""Lenovo Service Bridge (LSB.exe) is a Windows program that will automatically detect your Lenovo computer's serial number, machine type and model. It then passes this information to our website so that we can better assist you with your support needs."
3. So? I do not have a "Lenovo computer"! Why is this program on my PC attempting to gather information to "better assist [me] with . . . support needs" I have not known I had??
4. So, since on-line info from different sources was inconclusive about whether the LSB.exe business was necessary, I uninstalled it and deleted any "Lenovo" listings found in regedit.
5. Then this morning, when booting up the PC, I'm presented with:
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of C:\Users\NE\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Star t Menu\Programs\Lenovo\Lenovo Service Bridge.appref-ms resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Could not find file 'C:\Users\NE\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Sta rt Menu\Programs\Lenovo\Lenovo Service Bridge.appref-ms'.
6. Canceled the message popup and cannot see that this supposed error has any effect on operation.
7. So: if this supposed "service bridge" is so all-critical to happy operation of MS's Windows 7, why is there no confirmation of that anywhere? and why do supposed people-in-the-know recommend uninstalling the program (makes sense to me since I have never had any known "support need" regarding it)? and why does the ERROR MESSAGE now claim that removal of LSB is A Great Problem?
Any response direct to the issue stated here will be appreciated! Thanks.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Reserved error(-1517); there is no message for this error||ktest||Office||1||02-12-2016 08:08 PM|
|Automation error Unknown error" message once they open the Excel file||hlina||Excel||1||10-08-2013 09:14 PM|
|Error message||White House||Outlook||1||12-07-2010 04:52 AM|
|Accessing WLL through Java-COM bridge||javageek||Word||0||07-05-2010 05:39 PM|
|sent mail error message||Carolemc||Outlook||0||09-26-2006 03:21 AM|