Microsoft Office Forums

Go Back   Microsoft Office Forums > Microsoft Excel > Excel

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-20-2014, 08:15 AM
Xemx Xemx is offline Windows 8 Office 2007
Novice
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2
Xemx is on a distinguished road
Default How to get value through a matrix?

The BOLD box needs to provide us with the combined result of the following;
- When inputting the scale level within the 'Sample Point' section (ie:K9 & K10), the formula will use both values to determine; the multiplication range highlighted in the Matrix for the number of ECTS (ie: Scale level 5 by 20 ECTS should; Multiply the first 10 ECTS by 30, and the second 10 ECTS by 15 for a total of 450).



How can we go about this?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Doc1.pdf (88.6 KB, 4 views)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-20-2014, 03:22 PM
gebobs gebobs is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Expert
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 832
gebobs has a spectacular aura aboutgebobs has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xemx View Post
The BOLD box
The 450?

Quote:
needs to provide us with the combined result of the following;
- When inputting the scale level within the 'Sample Point' section (ie:K9 & K10)
I assume 6 and 75.

Quote:
the formula will use both values to determine; the multiplication range highlighted in the Matrix for the number of ECTS (ie: Scale level 5 by 20 ECTS should; Multiply the first 10 ECTS by 30, and the second 10 ECTS by 15 for a total of 450).
And you lost me.

The value you want to calculate is 450? Is this directly from 6*75?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-20-2014, 11:39 PM
Xemx Xemx is offline Windows 8 Office 2007
Novice
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2
Xemx is on a distinguished road
Default

Yes, basically I need to design a formula which will;
- select the range in which the number listed in the Scale level fits in the matrix.
- then have the multiplication done according to the Number of ECTS by the stipulated range values ie: The first 10 ECTS need to be multiplied by the first Column, the next 20 ECTS need to be multiplied by the second column and so forth...

Does it make sense?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-21-2014, 05:46 AM
gebobs gebobs is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Expert
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 832
gebobs has a spectacular aura aboutgebobs has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xemx View Post
Yes, basically I need to design a formula which will;
- select the range in which the number listed in the Scale level fits in the matrix.
The scale level is 6. This is just selected by the user? And this points to the table to the left where 1-10=30, 11-30=15, and >31=5.

Quote:
- then have the multiplication done according to the Number of ECTS by the stipulated range values ie: The first 10 ECTS need to be multiplied by the first Column, the next 20 ECTS need to be multiplied by the second column and so forth...
So you have 75 ECTS, then what? 1-10 are multiplied by 30, 11-30 are multiplied by 15, and 31-75 are multiplied by 5? That comes to 825, not 450.

Quote:
Does it make sense?
Not exactly.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
define, how to, matrix

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to create a matrix of formulas atis Excel 3 05-30-2014 08:48 AM
making correlation matrix Ridgerunner Excel 3 03-22-2013 07:09 AM
Dot Matrix Printing Angela Office 2 05-15-2012 08:56 PM
Matrix Algebra judicial85 Excel 3 10-12-2011 05:41 PM
From Outlook to Dot Matrix Printer ihightower Outlook 0 10-04-2010 09:15 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
MSOfficeForums.com is not affiliated with Microsoft