View Single Post

Old 05-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Rosie173 Rosie173 is offline Mac OS X Office for Mac 2011
Novice

Rosie173 is on a distinguished road
Default Copying pictures

Thanks for your reply Paul. I have scanned in whole A4 pages as jpegs and in Preview am then copying the parts of the page with the images I need and pasting them into the word pages. I am not saving them as separate images because this can cause other problems with the file sizes that I don't understand . To be honest I am not sure how it works because I really don't understand what happens when you crop images or just copy parts. I thought that copying the part of the page I wanted might take up less room than cropping pages and saving them. But every time you copy a picture file in photoshop or preview you have to re save it in a lesser quality file or it gets bigger. And I don't understand how cropping works-is the rest of the page still there? Obviously I need to read up some more on all these things but I can never seem to find anything that quite addresses the issues.

I am not sure how to insert a picture as a link rather embedding the picture but how can I be sure how it will look and be placed if I can't see it on the page?

I tried saving some pages as pdfs but they seemed to be as big as the word pages.
Many thanks for any help-I feel very stupid but am beyond embarrassment. I was going to use a desk top publishing program at which I am fairly proficient but my son assured me that word can do it all as well and is more accessible to everyone for changing and adding information!