Thread: [Solved] My file disappeared!
View Single Post

Old 01-10-2019, 09:33 AM
livemusic livemusic is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2007
Novice

livemusic is on a distinguished road
Default My file disappeared!

I opened a file that I edited and I recall changing the name by adding "edited" to the end and saving, then closing the file. Word remained open, as I had other files open. I immediately was going to email it to someone but I can't find any sign of it! I have searched every way I know via Windows7 Explorer and it doesn't even show up in the Word (2007) taskbar on the left that shows recent files used. I have searched for every word that should be in the filename. Help!

So far, I have kept Word open.

EDIT: I have found several methods via a google search and I have not had any luck. I'd like to restart Word and see if it shows up in autorecover. If anyone thinks that's a bad idea, advise. Needing to make a move on this restart idea since nothing else has shown a thing. It's like I never did the edit, and it took probably an hour of tedious editing! (I think I turned off automatic backup awhile back. It was burdensome for some reason that I don't recall. Might have to put it back on!)

EDIT2: I have now restarted Word, as I have a deadline. The file did not show up in the Document Recovery pane. How weird is this! This file just disappeared, my work up in smoke. I still need to find it if possible.

Last edited by livemusic; 01-10-2019 at 12:34 PM.