View Single Post

Old 07-19-2018, 07:40 PM
orion23 orion23 is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

orion23 is on a distinguished road

TBH, I liked the simple table layout and I modified it to be used in my current task

I took the table idea and merged it with this:

{QUOTE{IF{MERGESEQ} = 1 {SET Key ""}{SET LastKey {Key}}}{If{MERGEFIELD id} <> {Key} "{IF{MERGESEQ} > 1"

{IF{MERGEFIELD id} <> 0 {QUOTE 12}}""}{IF{MERGEFIELD id} <> 0 "(this is the body of my letter {SET KEY {MERGEFIELD id}}

id: {MERGEFIELD id\* Charformat}

(this is where I inserted your table)

"}"}"{IF{MERGEFIELD id} <> 0 "{MERGEFIELD date} / {MERGEFIELD time} {MERGEFIELD location}
"}"}

What I have is a letter with a 3 column table where 3 fields are merged in a list form

Everything looks great and works fine at this time, however, I'm afraid that I won't have much room left in the body of the letter since every entry in the list leaves me with an empty space in between each row. The records I will merge can be up to a total of 8, and with the extra blank row, I'm looking at too much wasted space

Do you know how I can solve that part ? (I'll try uploading that latest version of the file tomorrow...)

and if possible, could you confirm if a directory type of merge can be used in a 2 page document (same mergefields, table, just 2 different languages, side by side)

Also, the result needs to be a single word document with all individual records, separated by page, which is what I have.

The only concern at this time really is the extra rows (and possibly the 2 page merge but that can be resolved with an additional, separate merge)

Thanks again for your time!