View Single Post

Old 07-19-2018, 07:04 AM
orion23 orion23 is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

orion23 is on a distinguished road
Default Merging multiple items to a table, Formatting

Hello Everyone!

Looking for some help with the formatting structure of letter using mail merge of multiple rows to a table

I am using the following table created by Paul Edstein, for another user over at windowsecrets:
https://forums.windowssecrets.com/sh...ussions/page11

This table fits my needs. However, I am having problems with the formatting of the letter and the table itself

I am inserting the body of the letter between "SET Key { MERGEFIELD Source_Supplier }} AND the beginning of the actual table (Results are OK, except that the 1st record or merge has an extra line space at the top, this is not a problem, I'm simply "reporting")(I did insert a single merge field at the very top)

The formatting problems I have:

1: How can I force the table to have no spaces between the table headers and the rows below ?

2: Also, no spaces between rows (I will have up to 8 rows merged and need the space in the letter)

3: How to force a break to start a new record after the table is completed ? (The data is sorted by Source_Supplier) When the Source supplier changes, a new document should start (I believed I solved this one by using the "QUOTE 12" code and combining it with what you had done)

4: Is it possible to merge a 2 page document (2 languages) side by side (I tried and only the 1st record worked, then only the 1st page would be merged, skipping the 2nd page) (This is not a big deal but it would be nice... I can run the merge 2 times, individually and use the resulting 2 files with merged records)

Thank you all for your time and your valued contributions
Attached Files
File Type: doc Merge Data Table Maker (1).doc (49.0 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by orion23; 07-19-2018 at 11:57 AM.