Thread: [Solved] Complicated Mail Merge
View Single Post

Old 09-20-2017, 12:47 PM
kboatrig kboatrig is offline Windows 10 Office 2013
Novice

kboatrig is on a distinguished road
Default Complicated Mail Merge

I bill customers each month and have a data set in Excel containing LOTS of information to help me do so (customer information, pricing information, invoice information, mailing information, etc.). Right now, I do a mail merge into a word document (invoice template with tables; see attached), but have to go through each invoice to determine which ones should be on the same invoice. After determining which invoices should be together (according to invoice number and invoice stream number), I have to manually recalculate the invoice total which sometimes results in errors. Once this is complete, I extract each invoice so it is its own document, determine whether it should mailed or emailed, save, and rename it by customer name. This is a VERY time consuming process and I know there must be an easier way. I'm just not familiar with programming. I've tried the many to one add-on but, I get several error messages. I know what you're thinking... get invoicing software! But with the complexity of this project and the financial constraints, it's just not possible. Trust me, I've tried. Help me please!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Mail Merge - NCTN Invoice Template - Copy (2).pdf (92.9 KB, 17 views)