View Single Post

Old 04-04-2017, 06:38 PM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokiri View Post
I've looked at the Microsoft Word Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge Tutorial already. I'm not sure that I can go that way, though, because I have two records that I am working out of then. My database only pulls out one at a time, although I can reference other records that have a parental relationship to the record I'm working out of, too. I would have to pull out the person records and then the award records, and then somehow match them back up, right?
The tutorial describes how you can group multiple records. Did you experiment with the included data file & field coding? Did you note how there are multiple records for most groups? Did you look at the link I posted re the use of DATABASE fields?

There should be no need for all your circumlocution. The only reason you'd need a macro for the merge is if you're merging to an actual table and you need to delete the intervening paragraphs afterwards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokiri View Post
I've looked at your "Sub Merge_To_Individual_Files()", but I can't even get that to work. Is that run from the "Edit Individual Letters" Document?
That's not even related to the tutorial and won't work with the tutorial's processes.