View Single Post

Old 02-28-2017, 08:12 AM
Gwinnett Gwinnett is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2013
Novice

Gwinnett is on a distinguished road
Default Mailmerge Directory - TableJoiner Macro

Hello,
I have sucessfully used the macros in Macropod’s excellent Catalogue/Mailmerge Directory Tutorial to create some very useful reports. I have never tried to use the TableJoiner macro until recently and am having trouble making it work properly.
Macropod’s instructions are clear on how to use the macro, and I have successfully installed it per the instructions in Graham Mayor’s tutorial (http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm). However, when I run the TableJoiner macro nothing happens, i.e., the multiple tables created (1 per record) are not joined into one site’s table.

I am using MS Word 2013. The mailmerge code I am using creates tables grouped by site. The end product is 103 pages covering 70 sites. I thought the problem was the number of records (1442 in the Excel sheet) so I did a test on just the first 25 records (1 site). Still, the individual record tables do not join when I run the macro. I am stumped at this time.

Perhaps someone can see the error and point me in the right direction? Below is the TableJoiner macro code I am using and the macro supplied by Macropod. I have attached a copy of mailmerge code and a short test mailmerge output document.

Cheers,

Sub TableJoiner()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim oPara As Paragraph
For Each oPara In ActiveDocument.Paragraphs
With oPara.Range
If .Information(wdWithInTable) = True Then
With .Next
If .Information(wdWithInTable) = False Then
If .Text = vbCr Then .Delete
End If
End With
End If
End With
Next
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub
Attached Images
File Type: png Mailmerge Code HS-MS Recap.PNG (43.5 KB, 25 views)
Attached Files
File Type: docx Date1.docx (17.6 KB, 11 views)